ProductsProtected Vehicles is providing a range of vehicles covering three standard vehicle weight classes from Light through Medium to Heavy.
Recently PVI announced the exclusive distribution of ShieldAll™ a breakthrough in armor protection capability. At less than 37 percent the weight of steel armor, the Battelle material alone is capable of stopping multiple armor piercing projectiles exceeding a 7.62mm threat as a stand-alone component. When combined with Protected Vehicles, Inc. armoring methodologies, the complete system is capable of stopping threats from 50-caliber armor-piercing shells without the weight associated with conventional metal or ceramic armor.
In early 2006, PVI began development of three blast protected vehicle product lines, and in August began development of a fourth line.
- The PROTECTOR, a Light Protected Vehicle (LPV), Designed to improve upon the shortcomings encountered by the current HMMWV in operational theatre during missions and patrols in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- The PVI-ALPHA, a Light Protected Vehicle (LPV), 4 x 4 for on/off road use and in the 10-15 Ton Class, the vehicle has 8 seat capacity and is designed principally for asymmetric warfare. The ALPHA is also designed to serve the needs of diplomatic, VIP and other security related agencies in high risk areas where vehicles, such as the up-armored Suburban, can no longer meet the threats present.
- The GOLAN, a Medium Protected Vehicle (MPV), sets a new world standard in survivability and offensive capability in a wheeled vehicle by utilizing U.S. and Israeli advanced technologies.
- The RIDGEBACK, a Medium Protected Vehicle (MPV) with 4 x 4 or 6 x 6 wheeled options. The RIDGEBACK boasts 10-15 Ton capacities, is capable of carrying up to 12 personnel and has a modular design to ensure multi role capability.
- The BEAST, our third class type of vehicle is the Heavy Protected Vehicle (HPV), a heavy 6 x 6 vehicle in the 20-35 Ton Class. The BEAST is primarily designed for Explosive Ordnance Disposal and Mine Clearance operations with easy adaptation to full combat operations.